Need Help With Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjweb

Baseband Member
Hey i am trying to use XP instead of VISTA now. But vista moved all my old files to windows.old and put VISTA in c:\WINDOWS

so i changed my BOOT.ini to run XP with drive(0) Partition(2) and windows.old/windows

now it will start windows and get to were it starts to load and will load all the drivers (My usb devices turn on is how i know this) then it goes to a blue screen and says procedure not found in ntdll.dll

Please help

I think the windows vista changed the values because now this dll contains diferent info.

I don't care if i have to ditch VISTA but i need XP back up.

I have an XP serial but no disk so is it posable to get the cd with no serial for free.

Thanks

on the vista beta install page it says that it is not possible to roll back to xp, unless you want to reformat...

But read the first post. They install on the same partition. It put thei XP files in the .old folder. So what kfc is right. There is no way to get XP back. HAve to format.

If they had used a different partition then yes Tyler you would be right but seeing as they didnt there is no way to recover XP.

Yes that does make things harder. The information I sent you in the PM will also not work then unfortantly you will have to reformate and lose all personal data on the hard drive.

Pease Help

Hello. Could any one make me a cd boot disk for windows SP2.
i have the Serial Code but just need either a install cd or a boot disk.

Thanks

I tried the one on microsoft.com but i don't have a flopy drive only a cd and cd burner. So could some one with a flop drive download it and post the files that it writes to the flopys so i can put them on a cd.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom