Need help with network...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaBay

Baseband Member
My server has 10 computers using it. Today, one of them is not able to connect to the network. Error = Cannot renew IP address. I checked the DHCP, the list of the other 9 users and their IP addresses are there, but her is not there.
What is this telling me? is this mean her assigned IP address on the server is deleted out from the list?

To have her computer running, I have her computer connect to the IP address on server that assigned to me. Then I shut down my computer so that she can connect. Yes, she can connect to the server after I shut down mine, but she cannot access to the internet. Any idea?

Given that the network is managed by the local network consultant, they have all the server pwd and so on.... is this mean they screw us up then come to fix to make money?

Thanks,
AL.

Yes, her address is deleted out from the reservations.

I called that consultant guy, he comes over then add her address back to the reservations, restart her pc, then all problems resolved include her Internet problem.

I asked him why her address deleted out from reservations? he replied... "I don't know why..."

Thanks for your help.
TB

LOL, why can't you just do that yourself.

First off, You don't need to put those computer in the reservation part. There's only 9 computer. DHCP will always assign the same address unless it was taking. I think they are screwing with your company.

If you have the right, reconfigured your DHCP server address pool so that it atleast accommodate 10 computers. Take out the reservation or on her computer just go into the NIC propertie and manually assign her that address.

It's real easy, and I don't think you guys deserve to get rip off.

I don't know about you, but I sure as **** would have the network passwords in a file somewhere. Seriously what if all of the techs at that company get hit by a bus tomorrow, your company would be SOL. This situation already shows how they can hold you hostage for even the simple things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom