Need help with knowing which certs to go after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron_Cross

Daemon Poster
I know almost nothing about the different certifications out there. But I've heard having a few of the right ones (right ones depend on the job desired, I'm assuming) can help you land a decent job. I know what job I'd like to go after, and was wondering if there is any certs in particular that could help me accomplish this. I'd like to become a software developer/computer programmer. Web development would also be nice (though I doubt there are any certs for that) as well. The languages I'm looking to take into the job field are Java (which I know a good deal of already, but am continuing to learn), C++ (which I know a small ammount of, but if it will be in high demand I'd take the time to get it down fully), web languages (such as html(I already know), dhtml, xml, php(I already know), asp, ColdFusion(I know a little) and perhaps some databases such as (My)SQL(I know a little), and Foxpro).
Assuming, by the time I look for a job, that I know these languages, is there any certs I should go after to help me find a job? Or would just knowing those things be enough? If there are certs for these things, what are they, and how would I go about getting them?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide on these matters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom