need help with Hardware!!

Ansimax

Solid State Member
Hello, I bought an HP and transferred the mother board and everything to a bigger case, everything's in the power supply is hooked up but when I hit the power button the power supply just flashes and nothing turns on, I don't know if i hooked up the power button to the right spot, can someone give me tips, please

could you show us images of the inside? might help us see your problem. Also, make sure you installed the pins for the power switch, reset switch, hdd led correctly!

No, you only need the power switch. When you screwed the motherboard to the case, did you put the standoffs underneath them? They should be gold or silver and have an opening on the top you can screw another screw into.

unless the case had bumps on them that makes the mobo rise, you need the risers. If you dont, then you are shorting out your computer.

unless the case had bumps on them that makes the mobo rise, you need the risers. If you dont, then you are shorting out your computer.

I put the 2 golden standoffs back and it works! Thanks!!

ok but now when it turns on nothing comes up on the screen
and the fans going crazy

Okay, well when I plug in the computer the cpu fan turns on and the hard drives make the sound where they are being read and my video card fan goes crazy and the power supply turns on and the fan spins but nothing shows on the screen and 4 seconds after the pc turns on the CPU fan shuts off was I supposed to put all 4 golden standoffs under it? I only have 2 under

Yeah, you really want to put them all underneath the motherboard. Make sure all the cables are secure and in the right place. We will solve your current problem after you put all the standoffs back into place.

Yeah, you really want to put them all underneath the motherboard. Make sure all the cables are secure and in the right place. We will solve your current problem after you put all the standoffs back into place.

Okay, I will do this tomorrow and reply after I do that, thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom