Im currently running:

Motherboard Manufacturer and Model: Foxconn 945G7MD Socket 775
BIOS Revision Number (if known): Not Known
CPU/Speed: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz
RAM Manufacturer/Type/Module Size: 2 x 1GB DDR2 667MHz Memory
CDRW/CDROM/DVD Manufacturer and Spec: LG DVD
Disk Drive(s): Manufacturer and Spec: WD 465GB
Video Card Manufacturer and Type: nVidiaGeForce 8800 GTS OC 512mb PCI-E
Sound Card: Manufacturer and Model: On board Real Tek sound.
NIC Manufacturer/Model:On board
Power Supply Brand and Wattage: RAW power 650 W
Operating System: Windows XP SP 2
Anything else you think is relevant: Nothing.

I recently brought a ATI Raedon Saphire, which whenever I would run games or applications the screen would go distorted and freeze the system. I presumed it was a fault with the graphcs card so I got a refund. I was using the on board graphics for about 2 weeks waiting for the new card to arrive. I had no problems during this time which lead to the problem coming from the GC. But I have recently brought the nVidia GeForece 8800 GTS OC and the problems have started all over again.

Im not really good with computer so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does this happen only when you're playing games or doing things that stress your PC? If this is the case then it could be your PSU.

Only when im playing games. I thought it could be the PSU but its well over the requirements for the card. Should I invest in a new PSU?

It definitely sound as though it could be a PSU prob, but maybe a driver issue as well, do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card? And could you provide a link to your PSU please, I need to see the specs.

I cant find a link for the PSU, but I did buy it about 3 years ago. And I do have the latest drivers installed for the card.

Open the program, on the left toolbar there should be a button that looks like a temperature page, click on it and take a screen shot.

Ive taken a screen shot (im so sorry about this) but i dont know how to send it to you, wont let me paste. Is there something im missing? (sorry again)

No need to apologize. While you have the PC Wizard screen displayed, press "printscreen" on your keyboard, then open something like Paint and go Edit>Paste. Your screen shot should be pasted to Paint. So save that and go to Imageshack: http://imageshack.us/ and browse for and select your image to host it. Then post the link here.
EDIT: BTW, you don't need to give imageshack your email address or any of your details.

Back
Top Bottom