Need help where to send laptop to be opened to put new hard drive in under $40.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
Dear members:

does any one know please where do isend my laptop to be opened to take out the old hd and put a new hd in? (checked bestbuy, circui tcity, staples, and my nearest toshiba laptop providers: all do it for at least 70 dollars just for taking out hd and installing a new one!)?
Also, can you tell me how to open up a laptop or articles that do show you how step by step and other things? please let me know as soon as u can! thank you very much

You can install it yourself VERY easy, laptop hard drives just slip in so all you would have to do is on the bottom of your laptop there is a littel "Door" that you unscrew jsut slip out the old one and slip on the new :)

You really don't need to pay that much to get someone to put a HDD in. all it is is two cables and a couple screws to keep it in place. i don't know hot to open up a laptop but i would imagine there are screws on the bottom that you take out, but again i'm not sure how to open one.

Dishdog, there are actually no cables with a laptop harddrive it slides into the connectors :) also the hard drive is located at the bottom behinde one of the doors.

well i unscrewed everything including the door where the internal hd is inside however its like its stuck and won't come out (btw, just to let u know i have a tosiba 1400-s151 laptop and i live in staten island, New York).

To TRDCorolla: that link might helped if my hd was positioned in the same way the laptop in the link is. therefore, i can't just slide out the hd (its link almost in the middle not on sides of the laptop) so is their any othe way (i check user guide from toshiba site but they have nothing to tell me how to open it up: just says take it to a toshiba provider to help u out!:(

Back
Top Bottom