Need help to beat the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

NismoR34Drift

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I'm writin' to ask about Overclocking -

I'm building a new gaming system, and building it off of the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo (jumper free configurations are my friend) - the CPU will be an Intel P4 3.0E Ghz Prescott

I've built off this mobo before, but with an Intel P4 2.8 Ghz Prescott CPU - I overclocked it at about 10% (to about 3,079 Mhz) and ran idle temps from around the low 40 C's to full load temps at near 60.

I'm afraid that overclocking this new CPU on a new mobo will require more than the stock fan and heatsinks - I want to overclock this processor as much as I possibly can without melting it into a little puddle of gold - can anyone refer me to some good fans and heatsinks thatll help me beat the heat?

xp90 (NON COPPER) with a 57 cmf panaflow. or a tornado if u can bear the sound. presscots run hotter than p4cs. U can hit pretty high tho with it. With that setup ul be fine.

Yeah my last case was an ANTEC SOHO case with 5 80 mm case fans, plus the heatsink fan, power supply fan, VGA fan...noise is no problem

I wouldnt go with the zalman.. its heavy as hell. and big as hell. XP90 is a very nice HS and cools very damn well. U dont need big beasts of HS even if they will cool 1-3 degrees better cuz the weight isnt worth it.

BTW about noise... theres a diference between like 7 80mm fans and 1 92mm tornado :D tornado will be much louder than all those fans together :D but if u say so, the tornado will be ur best bet

EDIT: dont forget the AS5. make shur u read isntructions off their site.

He said he wants to overclock the crap out of this thing. If that is the case then the zalman 7700-cu will do the job. It's heavy and big but that's so it can cool better, I've never had an issue with the weight. As long as you don't like smash your computer against a wall it's not going to break off or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom