Need help please

mlgntlg

Solid State Member
I just reinstalled xp twice and now my screen looks fuzzy. How can I fix it? do I need to reformat my HD? If so how would I do that?

I don't know a lot about computers but a little more then basic so detail helps would be great.

thanks,
matt

It sounds like you haven't installed your video card drivers. Go to your your card's manufacturer's site and find the drivers.

how do I find the right video drive. I think that this computer just has a standard vid card. it i a gateway 300s desktop.

thanks
matt

If you're running XP, go into the control panel> then go to system properties> then go into device manager and look up the video card.

If you're running vista, open my computer> at the top click on system properties> then click on device manager and look up the video card.

Then report back to us and we'll help you from there.

under device manager I do not see anything that says video card I see a video controller (vga compatible). would that be it???

matt

under device manager I do not see anything that says video card I see a video controller (vga compatible). would that be it???

matt

Yeah, that would be what you are looking for. Sorry for the confusion there. And just tell us what graphics it says you have.

Under general it says Vid Control (vga compatible), device type: other devices- Manufacturer: unknown- Location Pci bus0, device 2, function 0-

is this what you want or what would I want to look under to indentifie it?

matt

there is a button that says install driver, and when I click it it runs through some stuff and then says cannot install this hardware because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

Back
Top Bottom