Need Help!Please answer my questions...

Seanc2

Baseband Member
IS this build going to be good enough to run CS: GO (Counter strike: GO) at 100-150 fps?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jlmS
Here is the minimal requiments:
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 processor or better
Memory: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6GB of Space
Video Card: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0

Questions:
Compatible?
Need any other parts?
Does my PSU have a cord to plug in the gpu ( The gpu DOES NOT contain the wire so....)?
Any suggestings? (ALREADY over budget so keep that in mind....

Last edited:
That build will certainly run CS at very high frame rates. I cannot possibly tell you exactly what the fps will be, but I'd imagine at least 80 to 100 could be expected.

Now, can you tell me why you need such high frame rates. I don't know what you're using for a monitor, but if it's a common monitor like most folks use, it can't see anything over 60 fps anyway, so what's the point?

That build will certainly run CS at very high frame rates. I cannot possibly tell you exactly what the fps will be, but I'd imagine at least 80 to 100 could be expected.

Now, can you tell me why you need such high frame rates. I don't know what you're using for a monitor, but if it's a common monitor like most folks use, it can't see anything over 60 fps anyway, so what's the point?

Just a normal one.......nothing special I will need to buy a new one sometime after buying the computer?

and can you answer these:
Compatible?
Need any other parts?
Does my PSU have a cord to plug in the gpu ( The gpu DOES NOT contain the wire so....)?
Any suggestings? (ALREADY over budget so keep that in mind....

Yes, all parts appear to be compatible.

You have all the bare bones basic hardware. You should add a second HDD for back-up, unless you already have an external drive.

Yes, the PSU has the necessary PCI-E card power cables.

You would be best to look at a video card that can give maximum resolution for your monitor if it supports higher resolutions

You would be best to look at a video card that can give maximum resolution for your monitor if it supports higher resolutions

I'll bet his monitor has a 60Hz refresh rate, but he wants 100 to 150 fps. Makes no sense to me at all, but then again I see a lot of things on Internet forums that make no sense, ha! :lol:

I'll bet his monitor has a 60Hz refresh rate, but he wants 100 to 150 fps. Makes no sense to me at all, but then again I see a lot of things on Internet forums that make no sense, ha! :lol:

Oh I see.....I did not know that.

WIll this fan controller work and these lights:
Amazon.com: NZXT SENTRY 2 Accessories 5.25-Inch Touch Screen Fan Controller (Black): Electronics

OR do you suggest another fan controller?

AND...

Lights:NZXT Premium Sleeved Bright LED Kit - 1 Meter - Red (CB-LED10-RD) - FrozenCPU.com

Or any suggestings for eaither...Very helpful here thank you...

I'm not familiar with the fan controller you linked. I use this one...photo below.

Newegg.com - NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller

As for the lights, well, that's just a matter of personal choice.

Just remember, most of these fan controllers are only good for 10 watts per channel, so be sure to check your fans before connecting them.

Oh that's a lot more then mine and has a lower rating...Do you think it will work(mine) if not then i'll forget the whole idea all together....

Anyways anything else or I'm ready to build?

Isn't your rig more than capable of playing CS at ludicrously high frame rates as well? :D

Back
Top Bottom