Need help picking out a vcard

I don't mean cutting edge demanding, I just mean demanding enough that I can't run right now, and/or could barely run on an 8600gt. Like dragon age, oblivion, sc2, etc.

Dirt2 is coming with the video card but I think I'm just gonna sell it on kijiji for $30.

I don't like shooters at all so I'll never need a cutting edge card.

Is it not just a Key? I thought it was a card with a Key on it that you can use to download off the site.

I guess wait and see. My brother's 5770 never came with the voucher for some reason, so I was like ehh whatever and didn't do anything about it.

I doubt you will get $30 for it when gamestop sells the retail game for $35.

Things on Kijiji sell for almost retail, it's not like stores and ebay where things are less than half the price. I sold my wii for $220.

I got my vcard but something concerns me. I'm playing oblivion with everything maxed, and I'm in the first part of the game where you escape with the emperor. In the caves portion, I get something like 200 fps. Now, once I got out of the cave portion and back into the stone portion with the guards, my frame rate drops to 20. I turned off anti aliasing, and it's still 20.

Normally, turning off AA would help at least a little bit, but it's not. Is this a driver issue? I would have thought oblivion would be 60+ no matter where you possibly went with all maxed settings on a 5770.

I know this is an old thread, but I needed to get a response from some of the posters who were here before, in hopes that something may jog their memory.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131327&cm_re=5770-_-14-131-327-_-Product

This is the video card I purchased awhile back, recommended by users in this thread. I look at it now, and it says it's overclocked. Can any of you remember if it said OC during the time of purchase?

I'm getting some annoying "Display driver amdkmdap has stopped responding and has recovered" errors which make my screen freeze, go black for 5-10 seconds, and recover during gameplay. It used to only occur in starcraft 2, but now it happens in EVERY game.

I did some research and found out that Windows Aero theme for vista was causing it, so I changed to Vista basic, and the errors stopped for about a day, and now they're happening again, although less frequently, but enough to wreck online gaming.

Then I looked at the gpu on the website and it says OC, and I'm wondering if being OC is the culprit of this error? I don't see how a brand new antec 650w psu would have problems powering an hd5770.

I know it's a longshot, but can any of you remember if it said OC at the time that you recommended it? And how would I go about underclocking it?

Well if it was factory OC'd, then the components should be rated to run at that speed. Shouldn't be a problem. I'd contact the manufacturer...there's no sense working with a defective card.

So the card itself is for sure to blame? I was told it was either the drivers (which I've tried many versions of), or the psu.

A LOT of people with 5xxx series cards are having this issue. It's a very common issue.

Before I do anything.... Since this is OCd, it is likely sucking up more power than usual. I've read a few things about how underclocking has helped some users. If I try to underclock, will I ruin my chance to RMA?

If not, how exactly should I go about underclocking? I've never dealt with clocking of any sort for any component.

Back
Top Bottom