need help picking a computer from sears.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dhw200 , i seen wher eit needed a fan , thats the only thing i saw mising, but like i said , to me its all foriegn ,

could I ask you a favor sometime this week when you get time to sit down and make sure its correct ?

this way i can get my computer, and get a better one with more memory , than buying the quote i got from my computer store, which was $1200 for a 40 gig, computer, with no burner.

what a rip off huh?

like we said :) Monarch is great :)

Ill try to get around to it tomorrow. Ill copy and paste into a post. u then enter it into the PC (ill give u the link for the setup page) and then paste ur cart here so we can inspect it. I cant give u my cart cuz its based on cookies.

ok that sounds great dhw200

oh , will this come wiht windows xp and stuff or do i hav to buy every program seperate.?

thanks again

ill look at my thread again tommorow

I would check out cyberpowersystem.com and the weekly special in the top middle has free shipping. For what you want this would be a good comp and you would be ready for any 64bit programs that come out, though you probably won't be required to have 64bit for years.

I came up with a

CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

MOTHERBOARD : (939pin Sckt)MSI RS480M2IL ATI Radeon Xpress200 Chipset SATA PCIE w/Video,LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,

MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value RAM)

HARD DRIVE : Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache -- Recommended

VIDEO CARD : None, or On-Board ATI Radeon Xpress 200 16X PCI-Express Shared 128MB Integrated 3D Graphics Video Card

Optical Drive: NEC 3520A 16X DVD+-RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

MONITOR & LCD : NONE

SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Windows XP

Speakers (you can get 5.1), 6 in 1 media card reader, floppy, 56k modem, keyboard, and mouse.
Pick the regular case and the total will only be

Total: $739 with free shipping

Also you can get a printer for $29 after rebates.

As everybody said, don't go name brand. Go with monarch computer, or you could try a local mom-and-pop computer store in your area. The name brands rip you off and also use proprietary hardware to prevent you from upgrading it.

Use monarch, they will build it for you...
Dont buy name brand like Dell, Compaq etc
U can get an excellent computer for your needs for $650-$850....max.

as every one else stated, don't go name brand. any company that is big enough to custom make parts is not a good choice. definately no sears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom