Need help overclocking a X2 Brisbane 3600+ (AM2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you adjust the FSB: DRAM Ratio?

It should automatically change the timings and the clock speed when you do.

Read origional post please...

tried 6-6-6-18 with the 667 clock set instead of the 800 (oc will compensate) but we are stuck at 2.1ghz...

of course i did. not an idiot. i worked at a computer shop building and fixing pc's, i know how to overclock, etc... BUT i said i do NOT understand how to overclock RAM. i know the basics, like i need to lower the ram:cpu multiplier when i raise the fsb and stuff, and i need to lower all the timings by one when i get over 25% increase on FSB, but otherwise that i dont know anything about ram.

I need to calibrate this page correctly. i know none of this crap i set was correct.

DRAM Timing Selectable : Manual
- DRAM Clock : DDR2 667 [stock 800]
- CAS Latency : 6
- RAS to CAS Delay (Trcd) : 6 Clocks
- Row Precharge Time (Trp) : 6 Clocks
- Min. RAS Act-Time (Tras): 18
- Command Rate: Auto
- CKE Base Power Down Mode : Enabled
- CKE Base Power Down by : Channel
- Memclock Tri-Starting : Disabled
- TwTr Comand Delay : 3 Clocks
- TrFc0 for DIMM1 : 105ns (installed here)
- TrFc1 for DIMM2 : 75ns (installed here)
- TrFc2 for DIMM3 : 75ns
- TrFc3 for DIMM4 : 75ns
- Write Recovery Time (Twr): 6 Clocks
- Precharge Time (Trtp) : 3 Clocks
- Row Cycle Time (Trc) : 23 Clocks
- Ras to RAS Delay (Trrd) : 3 clocks
- Memory Hole Remapping : Enabled
- Auto Optimize Bottom IO : Enabled

btw pretty sure you seen me on SF vern, *-{K}uRsE_* is me, and *-{K}aRmA_* ({AOD}ThE*EnD) is my buddy whos pc were overclocking.

Well I guess for starters, undo the overclock. At put the RAM settings stock into the board manually, or flash the BIOS, because its recognizing it at very very crappy DDR2 667 @ 5-5-5-15.

Try that for starters.

Well I guess for starters, undo the overclock. At put the RAM settings stock into the board manually, or flash the BIOS, because its recognizing it at very very crappy DDR2 667 @ 5-5-5-15.
He set the divider to 1:1.66 instead of 1:2 to allow for more room to increase the HTT bus.
Putting the HTT bus to 240MHZ will put the RAM just over DDR2-800 while using the 1:1.66 divider

In order to get the CPU to 3GHZ (X2 3600+ has a locked multiplier at 9.5X), he needs a 315MHZ HTT speed.
You'd either need RAM that can clock really high, or use a lower divider.

Though I still think that his board probably won't be up to the task.

*edit*
though if you set your RAM to a 1:1.33 (DDR2-533@200HTT) divider, it can run at DDR2-800 using ~301MHZ HTT speed.

*edit*
just remembered something else about K8 overclocking; you might want to lower your HTT multiplier. Try to keep the resulting HTT speed (HTT multiplier x base HTT bus) around 1000MHZ. Often it was the resulting HTT speed that was holding people back when overclocking.

i think that might be it, i remember on my old dfi board i always had to mess with the HTT multiplier settings, same with my Gigabyte, but i didnt see the setting on the pages on his board.

just checked, apparently its on the page right before the ram configuration page.. will give it a try in about an hour, just woke up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom