Need help installing a game. On drive k.

variablast

Solid State Member
Ok so I'm trying to install Call Of Duty World at War on a secondary hard drive. I've successfully installed other games on my drive k. But For some reason when I try custom installing World at War and choose my install path folder, a message pops up telling me that 'the path already exists and if I choose to install it there all data will be overwritten and there might be problems running the game'. But the folder is empty.

I tried installing it once on that folder successfully but when I installed the updates for the game, they were installed on my drive c not like all my other games that when I install a game and it's patches they are installed on my drive k in the folder I chose to install the game...I just don't have the space to install the full game on drive c with the all updates. I'ts a 30gb ssd and I use it for my windows 7. Why is it giving me that message? 'the path already exists and if I choose to install it there all data will be overwritten'' The folder is empty...never had any problems with any other games...

The installer sees the already created folder and assumes that there is something installed in it. Delete the folder and you wont get that message. When installing updates, make sure they are pointed in the right direction.

Then what rooster? I tried doing that and just choosing drive k as install path but it tells me the same thing. It's really weird because it the only game it tells me that for. Go to custom setting then browse choose drive k but nothing. That stupid box pops up...=[

I did that once. Installing it successfully on drive k. But then when I installed the patches it installed them on my drive c. even though I checked it to my hard drive k. I really wish I knew why that popup comes on. Only for that game. =[ Thanks for your help rooster.

Back
Top Bottom