Need help getting rid of "RUN AS" pop-up

john1782

Solid State Member
Here lately when I go to run a program (game, Spybot, HjT ect.) a "RUN AS" box appears with my user name selected and a box checked (Protect my computer from harmful things or something like that). I always have to un-check the box to get my programs to run correctly, my question is how do I get rid of this? I'm running XP by the way, thanks.

I'm 100% sure the problem is not Spyware related. I'm thinking this problem has something to do with administrative rights or the like, I've checked something I shouldn't have or the exact opposite. I was just hoping someone else might have had this problem and knew how to correct it, but thanks.

i now know what you mean, do you get that message everytime you download an EXE from the internet?

I never get it when I download anything, only when I go to run a program. If I go to Control Panel> when I click Add/Remove programs I get the "RUN AS" as well as Spybot, CCleaner, or any game I wish to play. No matter what program I run I get the pop-up box first, mind you once I un-check the box as mentioned above and click OK the program runs fine. I would just rather have things like they were before, this pop-up tends to get annoying. Thanks

Heading> RUN AS, just below that>(looks to be a set of keys) Which account do you want to use this program> below that my user name is marked> below that (a box is checked) Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity ( I have to un check this box to get the programs to work correctly), below that> it basically states if I leave the above box check programs may not run right. Then at the bottom of the box> The following user (which is not marked) with spaces to type user name and password. Sorry for sorta running everything together, hope you can decipher everything :) Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom