Need help fixing the constant stuttering on my laptop while playing K-Shoot Mania!

CaptainGongan

Beta member
I'm an avid fan of the arcade game Sound Voltex. An emulator for this game exists, called K-Shoot Mania. I have a brand new Asus x751lx-db71 and it should be playing this small game way above par. I get an average fps of about 100-130fps, but the game still has small stuttering (freezes roughly .2-.3 seconds in length) every 5-15 seconds or so of playing. It is unrelated to the game's framerate, as it never shows the fps dropping, I merely just get stuttering. This issue happens about half the time I play. Sometimes I'll play the game and get silky smooth gameplay, and sometimes I will play and have this issue frequently (it's really bothersome in a fast-paced rhythm game). I've created an exception for the game in my Antivirus software (Avast), so that shouldn't be the issue. If any of you can help me locate whatever is causing this, I would be extremely grateful.

Sounds like a program running in the background is activating and taking resources.

I belive this is the case too. But I don't know what it could be. I turned off Windows Update to test, disconnected from the Internet, opened up my control panel to check the processes.. Nothing in particular stands out.

I belive this is the case too. But I don't know what it could be. I turned off Windows Update to test, disconnected from the Internet, opened up my control panel to check the processes.. Nothing in particular stands out.

Do you have the ability to run in windowed mode so you can bring up the resource monitor and watch what is running and using what resources?

Back
Top Bottom