Need help, final decisions with build

TheGuruHouse

Baseband Member
I need help finding a CPU for this mobo Should I go with ASUS? Different mobo?

this is the video card i want. Better one?

Ram I decided 4gigs was plenty. I can always upgrade.

HDD Does the HDD really matter when it comes to brands? is this good?

IS this case bad for any reason?

PSU - Already have, 1000W svc

Thanks everyone.. I just really want second opinions because this is a lot of money.

Just saw this ram. It's pretty cheap for today. Thoughts?

the processor that i would recommend for that motherboard is the core i7-920. the X58 motherboards need triple channel RAM, this is the stuff that i'm getting. I would also recommend getting a 500gb hard drive, it'll run faster than the hard drive that you've chosen because its on one platter. if you really need the space then you've chosen an amazing deal though.

the processor that i would recommend for that motherboard is the core i7-920. the X58 motherboards need triple channel RAM, this is the stuff that i'm getting. I would also recommend getting a 500gb hard drive, it'll run faster than the hard drive that you've chosen because its on one platter. if you really need the space then you've chosen an amazing deal though.

Ah, I was gunna get that ram but I don't know if I need that much lol. I think i'll stick to 4 and upgrade later if i need to. Only a few days left to decide. Cyber monday soon!

You don't need 3 sticks of RAM, dual channel will run just fine, you just won't get the extra bandwidth,which doesn't really have an effect on performance anyway.

Everything looks good IMO, and the i7 920 is the way to go, yes.

Sorry to bug anyone on here. :-/ Almost everything I wanted went out of stock and I had to compromise

If there's a better mobo, I don't mind switching to Crossfire. Ok I'm a little confused but, does the i7 CPU allow a mobo to use BOTH sli and crossfire?

mobo They were out of stock of the one i wanted.

CPU I got a lot of suggestions on this.

HDD Out of stock on the 1.5T i wanted.

I need a GPU. And again.. the one I wanted went out of stock >.> not having good luck. Thanks everyone!!

Will this card work on the above mobo? I know it's a crossfire card and an sli board... but just curious

You could save some money on the motherboard since you don't need SLi support and since you haven't included an aftermarket HSF, I take it you won't be OC'ing much. With the extra money, you could get an HD 5850 which is a much faster card, and supports DX11.

Mobo

Back
Top Bottom