Need help connecting Xbox to internet

Kyleh009

Solid State Member
I am having trouble connecting my Xbox 360 to my internet. My ISP is Leru, which is not supported by Microsoft, but apparently can still be used to play on Xbox Live. I have a Comtrend ADSL2+ CT-5621T modem and a Linksys WRT54GS router. I am trying to connect my Xbox with an ethernet cord. When I try to connect to my internet, I get mixed error messages, telling me that my DNS numbers are wrong, my Xbox is not getting the IP address from my modem, and that my modem might be filtering my Xbox's MAC address. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I should also state that I am currently trying to connect only through the modem. If possible, I would like to bypass the router. Also, my ISP is a PPPoE, but I'm not entirely sure what this means, other than that I have to put in a username and password in my Xbox, which I have done. Nevermind, how do I access the settings for my router/modem. Atomic Rooster, thank you for the sites, I will definitely look into them for help.

I have tried that. I go to command prompt, type in ipconfig/all, and taken the IP address I get there and typed it into web browser, but it will not bring up a page. I don't know if it's just my internet, or if I'm using the wrong number. I can see other web pages fine.

its what i call my modem but its actually a comtrend ADSL2+ router. my linksys router is not connected to my computer right now.

Back
Top Bottom