Need help choosing a laptop for school

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,
This is for my cousin who needs a laptop for school.
Price range is around $500
If he can still play League of Legends, that's a plus for him.

Here are some I found, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Asus Q501LA BSI5T19 15 6" 1920x1080 IPS Touch Screen Intel Core i5 4200U | eBay

Dell Inspiron 15R Intel Core i5 6GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6 Notebook Windows 8.1 64-bit - I15RM-5128SLV at TigerDirect.com

Lenovo IdeaPad 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop, Black (59406579):Amazon:Computers & Accessories

you would either want the Asus or the Lenovo. i strongly advise against buying a dell computer. for college, highschool, work, the lenovo is your best bet. but the Asus should work well for you. it just depends on how much you are willing to spend. i am by no means an expert on the subject, but i have had extensive experience with all three brands and I've hated every Dell i owned.

He ended up getting a refurb laptop from woot.
i7, 12gb ram, 1tb hdd.
He's reporting loud fan noise and bad wifi connectivity...
Drivers/bios has been updated.
I think it's a problem with that model.

He ended up getting a refurb laptop from woot.
i7, 12gb ram, 1tb hdd.
He's reporting loud fan noise and bad wifi connectivity...
Drivers/bios has been updated.
I think it's a problem with that model.

get a can of air to blow out the dust, replace cpu cooling paste and buy a good usb wlan adapter. ( I once had a laptop with a loud fan and when i opened it, the cpu had no paste on it!)

get a can of air to blow out the dust, replace cpu cooling paste and buy a good usb wlan adapter. ( I once had a laptop with a loud fan and when i opened it, the cpu had no paste on it!)

I don't think he will want to mess with it since he has the warranty on it so maybe he might just use that.

Then, is the warranty still valid? If it is, use it!!! If not, listen to my last instructions because the warranty wont work anyway.

Then, is the warranty still valid? If it is, use it!!! If not, listen to my last instructions because the warranty wont work anyway.

I told him to check on the warranty.
he has 90 days with the manufacture plus he bought squaretrade for 1 additional year

Back
Top Bottom