need help again haha please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic and Buy/Sell/Trade both require a minimum of 40 posts to gain access. That does not mean to make a run of a bunch of short one word posts just to be able to get in, as they will be deleted.

OT and B/S/T are special forums, and we try to keep spammers out of them, hence the post requirement.

Off Topic and Buy/Sell/Trade both require a minimum of 40 posts to gain access. That does not mean to make a run of a bunch of short one word posts just to be able to get in, as they will be deleted.

OT and B/S/T are special forums, and we try to keep spammers out of them, hence the post requirement.

cool i was haveing a feeling it would of been something like that it is a prety good system for keeping thoses spamers under control.thanks for that man.ps i cant find any buy/sell/trade section's id like to see what's been sold

Buy/Sell/Trade is located just under Off Topic. Once you meet the requirements it will show up.

and just to warn you, don't spam your way up to 40 posts just to post in OT or B/S/T because it will likely be noticed and not taken well.

Its quite effective at eliminating the spammers, but every now and then we have the occasional spammer than the mod team can obliterate

Yea most reach one or two posts at most, then either Mak, Trotter, Vern, Jorsoft and myself go to town on them with the ban hammer. :D

Trotter has been a mod / admin / god of tech forums for that long he can smell spam. Mak tends to drag them off to the basement crawl space and we never see them again (although he runs the kitchen on a Monday and Wednesday and always serves mystery meat), Vern tends to sneak up on them and hit them with his dual weild ban hammers, Jorsoft bans them in traditional gangster style by busting a ban hammer upside there head, an myself I tend to lurk in the shadows and pick them off one by one in good old alien style - albeit a alien who is developing a beer belly and sits round the hosue all day in his underwear but alien non the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom