Need help about getting a new processor

QAZAZ

Beta member
Alright so I'm deciding on getting a AMD Phenom X2 II 555 Black Edition but idk if it's compatible with my motherboard.
My computer is an a6000n RX885AA with an asus motherboard.
Can anyone tell me if the new processor will go with the motherboard ty.

We need to know the model of your motherboard in order to see what socket it takes. That Phenom is probably AMx. I haven't looked it up, I'll look that stuff up when you post the model of your board. It really doesn't matter what socket the processors are until we know what sockets your board accepts. :)

Take a look here at the model number on this board:
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94|043754|8741_5704-deluxe.jpg

Right next to the first PCI slot you see a big P5E3 DELUXE - that's what we need.
Yep, gotta open your 'puter.

Hope to hear from you soon! Welcome to the forums

-Q

It looks like the computer that you have comes with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ stock, which is a socket AM2 processor. The processor that you are thinking about upgrading to is a socket AM3.

It looks like the motherboard in your system is an Asus M2N68-LA, Socket AM2 motherboard. You would have to upgrade your motherboard to use that processor.

My recommendation would be the GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-USB3 AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

This system was sold on Newegg, and Abe's got it right, it is a Socket AM2, so upgrading the board wouldn't be a bad idea, but one thing he forgot to mention is that with a new board also comes new memory, so be sure you pick up a set of RAM to go with the new board and CPU. Sucks, but it'll get you up to date.

Aww I dont have the budget for a new motherboard, as well as knowing how to install one and I've gotten 2 gb of ram before and they worked fine.
So what im deciding on getting is a new graphics card that can run any game with a steady frame rate.
I saw an Sapphire 100293L Radeon HD 5570 in newegg for 60 dollars which is relatively cheap but the problem is its 128-bit and i only have 64-bit plus idk if my power supply can handle it.
Power supply is only 300W.

the bit rating is inconsequential. Don't pay any attention to it in terms of COMPATIBILITY. The memory bus width, expressed in bits, is an indicator of overall performance. Right now, the norm for high end GPUs is 256 bit or more with GDDR5 memory. 128 bit with GDDR5 is still OK, and 128 bit with GDDR3 is going to be what I'd consider a "mainstream" card.

Power supply would also need to be upgraded to support the 5570, yes. Fortunately a 420 or 450 watt would be enough for that card, so look for the Green power models from Antec in that watt range, they tend to be inexpensive, but high quality.

So the graphics card is compatible with my motherboard?
All i need is a power supply

Corsair, Seasonic, Thermaltake are all brands I use and trust. Find one with the right wattage rating and a price you can afford and go for it.

Back
Top Bottom