Need Help A.s.a.p

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Yeh what bluto said without the rudeness lol
I sad this.
Go to C:\Windows\Cookies/index.dat
It's a Windows system file,forget it
Did you do this ?
Sorry but it controls this folder.Forget it and move on.
By the way i had better things to do,but thought i solved this dilema.
:p ;)

I can open that DAT file in notepad, the noly problem is that it doesn't have full extended ascii charactor support.

I suggest getting an editor that does have better char support.

Other DAT files on my PC include Half downloaded Kazzaa file (which obviously wont be opened with notepad effectivly)
and PSPICE A/D files, which have an aplpication specially made for them.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
bluto said:
I sad this ideot.QUOTE]

What? Learn how to type please it isn't hard once you get the hang of pushing the buttons.
Answer the topic *******.
I did,sorry but it's common courtesy on the net to not abuse bad typeing or comments.This is the www ? isn't it ?
Not everyone speaks or types fluentt Englishh.
:(

This does has to stop; next time I will be completely editing your posts.
i did.

Your talking about not being rude after you call someone an "ideot" and me an asshole.

Sounds like your the real "ideot" bluto.

This does has to stop; next time I will be completely editing your posts.

wow you two stop
take both your hands of each others throats and calm down
there is no need for this your both supposed to be mature and respected members start acting more like it

Apologies Matt and everyone but I can't stand the fact people are trying to get help then bluto will make sarcastic non-helpful comments and then think to himself that he's helping. I cannot believe he is still a member of this forum.

wrong forum ?

This ? was posted in the wrong forum and created bad vibes.
The originator hasn't been back.
The answer is and i repeat,this is part of Windows operations and should be of no concern.I am surprised that a Mod would suggest it can be edited though.
Untill anyone proves elsewise,
I rest my case.
:)

I agree with you that the index.dat file cannot be edited manually, but you have to realise that there is not only one index.DAT file, DAT files are used all over the place to store information, index is a naming convertion used to describe a primary file, DAT is a extension and convention says that it contains data.
Therefore anyone writting a program to standard windows programming conventions (pertty much 99% of all windows programmers) will store data in a file with a .dat extension.
this file could be either complex information like the cookies folder index.dat that you say cannot be edited, or a simple text file which can be edited.

So... depending on what program this file is associated with then yes, you can editi DAT files.

Back
Top Bottom