Need good excuse !

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucky...i ran up a $600 bill....had to pay for it AND got my phone taken away *curses strict parents*

Man, I'm turning 19 soon, and I'm so glad I don't use a cellphone. It seems to be a standard nowadays to get a cellphone by the age of 16... If I'm out of the house, I probably don't want to talk with anybody on the phone, and if something does turn up, $0.50 is all I need to use a pay-phone.

And I don't have to worry about huge phone bills. :p

My family's not poor, my rents just don't like spoiling me and I'm grateful for that. If I ever do eventually have to get a cellphone (like if I ever get a girlfriend :rolleyes:) then I'll be paying for 100% of it.

And I really hate it when I have to ask the time from somebody and they pull out their cellphone/ipod... what the heck happened to the wristwatch? Nobody wears them around here anymore!

And I like how people put it on vibrate to keep it silent in class, but they put it on their desk so that when it goes off, it still disrupts the class.

And I hate it when people put their favorite gangsta, rap, or hip-hop music to play as their ringtone and it's also usually loud and distorted, and companies charge you $5 for a 3 second clip.... what do these people think? ooo people are going to make good judgments about me when they hear the music that I like abruptly playing to indicate that I have received a phone call! Genius!

I HATE CELLPHONES

/end of rant

Merkwürdigliebe;1250697 said:
Man, I'm turning 19 soon, and I'm so glad I don't use a cellphone. It seems to be a standard nowadays to get a cellphone by the age of 16... If I'm out of the house, I probably don't want to talk with anybody on the phone, and if something does turn up, $0.50 is all I need to use a pay-phone.

And I don't have to worry about huge phone bills. :p

My family's not poor, my rents just don't like spoiling me and I'm grateful for that. If I ever do eventually have to get a cellphone (like if I ever get a girlfriend :rolleyes:) then I'll be paying for 100% of it.

And I really hate it when I have to ask the time from somebody and they pull out their cellphone/ipod... what the heck happened to the wristwatch? Nobody wears them around here anymore!

And I like how people put it on vibrate to keep it silent in class, but they put it on their desk so that when it goes off, it still disrupts the class.

And I hate it when people put their favorite gangsta, rap, or hip-hop music to play as their ringtone and it's also usually loud and distorted, and companies charge you $5 for a 3 second clip.... what do these people think? ooo people are going to make good judgments about me when they hear the music that I like abruptly playing to indicate that I have received a phone call! Genius!

I HATE CELLPHONES

/end of rant

Thats stupid, they have endless practicalities.

I do agree on the phone speakers though, some are painfully loud, terribley distorted and ear wrenching high's. It god dam awfull, some of the quiter sony ericssons like the K800I sound OKAY (for a phone) though, asin it doesn't **** you off when it goes off.

Thats stupid, they have endless practicalities.

Practicalities... Yes.
Endless... Yes. Your current phone bill proved that.

Either you need to learn how to restrain yourself from your mobile phone. Or you need to go on a higher capted plan.

i pay for my bill and its not really that expensive and i do believe that everyone should get one if they can afford it because they are very useful

a. is someone going to call a pay phone to try to get a hold of you?
b if theres an emergency and someone needs medical help, do you want to be looking for a pay phone?
c idk about you but i have a class that i really have no interest in (biology) so i use it to text my friends that are not in school and make plans for that afternoon.
d. texting can also be very useful if you have forgotten something at home that you need for class, or in my case, i had this strong suspicion that i left the fridge open and i couldnt go back and check while i was at school, so i texting my good friend to go back to my house and check and sure enough it was open

closed2ur0.gif

It was pretty worthless when it started, and it has gone downhill considerably since that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom