Need For Speed: 2008

It's officially Need for Speed: ProStreet. It basically takes the customization of the tuners and brings it to track racing.

The graphics engine looks nice, along with the physics and damage, but my main concern is gameplay. The Need for Speed series as of late has taken a turn for the worse. To be honest, I haven't really seen a Need for Speed game with great gameplay since Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Now that game was FUN.

As for Forza, I'm still playing the first one on my Xbox. :) It's so fun.

I want forza for PC !! =(

Too bad. Turn10 Studios is owned by Microsoft Game Studios, so no can do. Besides, racing isn't as big on PC as it is on consoles. I prefer racing on consoles anyways.

Check your spelling in the article...overdo, not overdue.

Anyway, I'd like more realistic damage, but I think purchasing repairs would be kind of stupid. Your car should just get repaired for free every time you go back to your garage or something...
And there has to be cops - it's the whole point of the series.

In Forza Motorsport, when you finish the race, any damage is automatically repaired at the cost of deduction from your reward. It varies depending on what is damaged, so if it's cosmetic damage the cost is less, but if it's damage to the engine or whatnot, then it'll cost a lot more.

The whole point of that is to make sure you race like you're supposed to instead of driving recklessly, since Forza is a racing simulator. Hell, it's already simple in Forza. In Gran Turismo, you occasionally have to change oil or you'll lose horsepower, or you'll occasionally have to tune your car. Even washing your car will play a role (less drag etc).

IMO NFS seems to be more focused on the younger age groups. The game just seems childish and cartoony to me. I liked the older NFS series better so I hope they drag their asses out of the gutter and bring back the old style gameplay rather than this new age BS.

Agreed. That's why I love Forza and Gran Turismo. It's catered to car enthusiasts and those who want no-BS gameplay. Very fun indeed. :)

Apples and oranges. Forza is incredibly realistic but doesn't feel as fast as NFS. Also I thought Underground 1 was good and I liked Most Wanted. Underground 2 and Carbon, meh.

Well obviously. NFS is arcade oriented while Forza is a simulator. The first Underground was alright. I liked it, but Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon were just horrible though. I haven't fully enjoyed a NFS game since the first Hot Pursuit. That game was just a blast. :D

^^ aka NFS is for kids and Forza is for serious people. :p
I've played most of the NFS games, they aren't so bad. At first they feel great but after a few hours it starts to get boring.

Carbon was probably the worst out of all the ones I've tried. And again, I must agree with alvinos sig. It's exactly what's going on with the NFS games.

I want Forza, but I don't have a 360 :(

Test Drive Unlimited is a fun game though, ginormous map while still having moderate realism. Too bad you can't tune settings though.

Test Drive Unlimited deserves the most disappointing game of the year award.
Seriously, it's just so crap. I played for maybe 20mins, then quit. Gave it an other try a few days later, 10mins and I deleted the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom