Need either a new gaming computer or new hard drive.

Jsfortner

Solid State Member
My last computer needed a new graphics card, so I asked my grandmother to take it into a shop to get a new one installed, but instead they stole my computer and gave her a used one that was way less valuable and told her that it was better. This computer also had only a trial version of windows 7, so I have no boot disc. Now the primary hard drive has crashed, and I am wondering if I should just get a new computer. My price range is $500 and I need a gaming computer. this one is barely adequate for what I need, but it does the job. Should I buy a new hard drive or the computer? And if a computer, what computer would you suggest? I can assemble a computer myself as well, so if you have in mind a bunch of compatible components, that's fine too. Thank you guys in advance.

Well I don't really have anything in mind, to be honest. I am open to anything, but I need to be able to play games like Warframe and Riders of Icarus.

Sorry to hear about the theft.

As for the specifications, you can build around the games you'd like to play:

CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz or higher / AMD FX-6200 @3.3GHz
VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 460 (1 GB) or better / Radeon HD 6870 (1 GB)
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 2TB

No they would not. The motherboard, processor, and RAM you have linked don't go together, there are better cases for the money, the GPU is obsolete and better can be had for the money, and you linked 2 HDDs one of which is a really old model.

You should start by answering the question. If you already have a computer if the parts are decent your money would be better spent on upgrades rather than trying to piece a completely new machine together.

As far as my current machine, the parts are not good at all. I can keep the power supply, maybe the other HDD, and the motherboard. MAYBE. The graphics card is quite outdated, and of course the primary HDD is of no use any more, and the CPU is slow. I also hate the fact that this thing is a dell.

Back
Top Bottom