Need an answer for this stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, im sitting on Dial up, and i have 2 computers on the same line. I have computer one hooked directly to the phone line, and the second computer hooked upto computer one via a cat5e cable, recently ive had problems with the connection so i reformatted computer 2 because of bad drivers anyways.

But now computer 2 is having problems getting out to the internet and everything and after running the network wizard crap it says it has limited connection. Now the computers can work back and forth with each other perfect, and when i run a tracert out to other servers i can get through. But i cant visit websites or connect to the game servers im trying to connect to. Hope that makes sense.... Anyways any one got any ideas whats wrong with my connections?

dial up will be EXTREMELY OVERLY slow on pc2, and if you have any connections to the internet from PC2, PC1 will also become very slow online, I enabled ICS, and computer 2 would see the signal but would not get anything from it, i mainly got timeouts and such.

I used to have an easy time, when i run a tracert to useast.battle.net i get very good results, most being under 150ms. And thats what computer 1 gets usualy. But what i can't understand is why its doing this all of a suden......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom