Need advice wiring a home

simpleman

Beta member
Hi All,

I just joined this forum and am looking for some expertise regarding a multimedia system that I'd like to install at my home. I'm not very well versed in this area, so please forgive me if whatever i'm asking seems overly simple!

Anyway, I'm buying a new house and I want to splurge on a complete TV/PC/Multimedia system. Essentially, what I'd like to accomplish is having two rooms in my house with 65-inch TVs that are wirelessly connected to a single PC, internet and my Roku (for Netflix, since I will not be subscribing to cable TV or satellite). Basically, I'd like to eliminate the need for a separate office/computer room and access anything that I normally would use a PC for (internet browsing, photo editing, PC gaming, etc...), but do it all via the two TVs, essentially acting as very large monitors.

One TV setup will be in the living room, the other will be in the master bedroom. I'm hoping I can connect both of the TVs to a single PC, with the ability to control the PC from either TV location.

Is this really nothing more than just buying two TVs with wireless, a good router with high-speeed internet, and a wireless card for my PC (along with wireless keyboard/mouse, etc...)?

Appreciate any advice or tips!
Matt

If you have smart tv's then you should be able to download the software from the tv manufacture. I have a Samsung and they have software called Samsung Link. This installed on my pc and allows my tv to wireless connect to my pc to access music, video and pics files. They also have an app to control the tv through your phone too

Back
Top Bottom