Need a very basic salon web site - suggest a low cost solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHamer1977

Baseband Member
Hi,

I am about to open a health/beauty/tanning/nails Salon.

I would like a very basic website similar to this one www.cutsalon.co.uk
but I would like the ablity in the future to add some products we sell in the shop to be able to be sold over the website.

I have found a nice domain name I want.

Can anyone suggest a low cost soloution and tell me what to do next?
I will deffinatly not need it to handle lots of traffic as hardly anyone will look at it really.

thanks

Well, you will need web hosting. You don't need much space or banwidth, so, I suggest this site. I've never used them but I know many happy people who have. Next, you will need to design your site. You will need either to hire someone or learn a language such as HTML (you can also buy an editor, but they're expensive). Even though it doesn't look like much, the site you linked to involved a good amount of work such as graphics editing, template design, basic javascript animation, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but could I do this?

1. get the domain name registered on http://www.123-reg.co.uk/
2. download a web page template and edit it
3. get somewhere to host the site
4. upload the designed website to there

is that it? or do I need a site designed specifically for me?

thanks

That would work fine if you know how to edit the template (which isn't that difficult. Also, try to get your hosting at the same site your get your domain, it would be easier.
Good luck with your site

Nice site. All you need now is a shorter domain- and you will project a professional image at a fraction of the cost of paying someone else to do it. :)

Thanks... the sites not done yet, I need to add products and services we offer but the structure is there now.

I have registered the domain name www.glohealthbeauty.com
I will redirect to that domain name when I have the site built up properly.

Yes your right it's cost me £27 ($50) so far for 2 names and building the site takes a while but is not as hard as I though, considering people were telling me I would be paying £300 for a site designer to do the same thing I am more than happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom