Need a new computer

halfstepdown88

Beta member
Ok, I am 17 and right now I need a new computer. Mainly because I want to make and edit music and videos, and the computers I have now (2) are like 6 or 7 years old and just can't run the high-end programs like Ableton and good video editing software. All I use the computer for is music, video, internet, school, and rarely play a few games (all of them old school like GTA2 and red alert)

So basically what I would need from this computer is
-Speed
-Good video editing and music capabilities
-Wireless internet (to connect to my qwest DSL router)
-Ports for multimedia and music stuff
I don't know if I am forgetting anything.

So what do you guys suggest getting? I want to create some awesome stuff but I can't with these old beasts. I am open to suggestions about laptops or desktop computers, although it would be nice to bring it down to a friend's house to record some music.

Thanks and I hope I posted this in the right section.

Also I looked at macs, but they seem pretty expensive for the hardware they come with, would they be good?

We need a budget first, and whether or not you're comfortable building your own from scratch.

I could probably spend 1,000 dollars maybe 1,200, just as much as I need to make it good enough. I live in the US

EDIT: Building from scratch, If i had some good instructions I could probably do it, I have never done it before though.

Back
Top Bottom