need a digital camera, a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
k guys so the one vy suggested is the one im thinking of telling my uncle about, i found a pretty good price on it.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?XFX-68XT

now he knows quite a bit about cameras because he used to be a photographer, and he needs a good quality camera. now this FujiFilm S5200

has F/ 3.2-3.5 Aperture, is that good? why or why not?

Has optical zoom of 10x so im sure he'll be pleased with that.

focal length of 6.3mm-63mm, what does that mean? is it good or bad? why?

the weight is also great because he just wants something less than 2 pounds, and not really light either, and something that isnt slim and miniscule because he doesnt want jitter...so the size and weight are good.

light sensitivity is ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 64, ISO 1600, ISO auto, what is that? is it good or bad?

the max shudder speed is 1/2000 sec, and min is 15 sec. now i read that theoretically good exposure = Aperture + Shudder speed or something, or times shudder speed cant remember. can some1 plz explain this to me.

effective flash range 1-13ft. how long is a good or decent flash range, before i showed him a camera that had 8-14ft and he said it was ok, is this one ok? the 1-13ft?

what is an AF illuminator? wat does AF stand for?

I no these are a lot of questions, but i need them answered so 1) i learn it myslef in case if i buy a camera later on 2) interest, and 3) i wanna help my uncle pick a good camera for a good price. thanx.
For a point-and-shootÂ’er, the aperture doesnÂ’t mean anything. You canÂ’t change it yourself worth anything on them so that doesnÂ’t matter.

6.3-63mm is pretty good for a point-and-shootÂ’er, tell your uncle that itÂ’s the 35mm equivalent to 35-350mm. 35mm is about as wide angle as point-and-shootÂ’ers go. sometimes youÂ’ll be able to find them with a 35mm equivalent to 28mm.

ISO is how sensitive the film/sensor is to light. A higher ISO = more light sensitivity for a faster shutter speed but delivers a more grainy image.

DonÂ’t worry about that equation, it doesnÂ’t apply for point-and-shooterÂ’s.

13 feet for a flash? I guess thatÂ’s ok for on camera flash, but my SB-600 I know goes at least 45 feet.

AF illuminators are lights on the camera to help out the autofocus sensors. It illuminates for about 3 feet so the AF can see something to autofocus on .

Just tell your uncle to get an SLR, because if he used to be a photographer, than there is no reason (that I can see) for him to waste money on a point-and-shooter.

k i swear to god, my keyboard is messing up, this is the 5th time this has happened. HOLY POOP, my computer is so LAGGY. my bad guys, at least i stated waht it was, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom