ne1 know how to overclock RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadmonkey

Baseband Member
hello people just wanted to know if anyone can shed some light on how to overclock ram and or know any good sites so i can learn to o/c ram?

hello people just wanted to know if anyone can shed some light on how to overclock ram and or know any good sites so i can learn to o/c ram?

Raise the fsb in small steps cos all busses in da pc are tied to it I.E. pci,usb,RAM.... easy enuff.... get good quality ram if you can cos the cheap stuff usally dosnt like higher speeds than whats its rated at...... this is also why ocing thru the multiplyer is best (amd's only) cos it allows you to raise you cpu speed and still keep your other busses @ stock speeds....and i havent even talked about cooling...

cheers

Raise the fsb in small steps cos all busses in da pc are tied to it I.E. pci,usb,RAM.... easy enuff.... get good quality ram if you can cos the cheap stuff usally dosnt like higher speeds than whats its rated at...... this is also why ocing thru the multiplyer is best (amd's only) cos it allows you to raise you cpu speed and still keep your other busses @ stock speeds....and i havent even talked about cooling...

cheers

I have saw some articles on overclocking RAM by tweaking the CAS Latency and the Frequency using BIOS ... if I am not mistaken ...

I'll find for you later ... but it will be better if you can find it online!

Good Luck! ;)

I have saw some articles on overclocking RAM by tweaking the CAS Latency and the Frequency using BIOS ... if I am not mistaken ...

I'll find for you later ... but it will be better if you can find it online!

Good Luck! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom