Naughty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
2dryiau.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here in Australia RedRooster (restaurant chain) is doing these ads with this Australian comedian where he takes a camera and microphone to New York and interviews people about Red Roosters grilled chicken and other things Australian.

No one got what we was saying and all the americans were like: "Grilled Chicken?? You dont fry it??" And they were all confused.

But anyway, the entire topic was created to laugh at: "Red Rooter".

I bet there are about 150 if not more sayings that we have here that you dont understand.

Timmy Hoo's would be the first one i could think of. We could have topics like this about stuff from the UK that people dont get to.

Of course we dont get it. We are not from Australia and we dont have the same restaurants here. So how could we understand it?

Do you know of places like Popeye's? KFC? What about My Big Fat Greek Restaurant?

See how easy it is to come up with stuff that other countries dont know about?

Yes i laughed at Red Roo ters. Only cause we have a place called Roto Rooters out here. A plumbing place. So it could be a very nasty spin on Red Roo ters and Roto Rooters.

Sorry but it just doesnt make sense to me. Cause this type of stuff is done all the time. I have seen ads from the UK and i sit there saying to myself i dont get it. Then have someone from the UK explain it to me.

We have different cultures. Of course we arent going to know every detail about the other one.

I don't get it.

Hmmmm.....Popeye's. I had that last night.

Is Cajun food served in other countries, or just the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom