NAS becoming a nightmare !!! Help !!

darker1985

Beta member
I brought a Lacie Mini 500gb NAS around 2 weeks ago.

Set it up, Gave it a static IP address and transferred my data over to it.

Ok, everything was fine.

So, I go away on holiday.

I returned last night, turn my laptop on, look for my laptop so I can transfer my Holiday Snaps on to the drive and it does not appear on my network.

I have tried turning it off, restarting my computer and all sorts.

Still it will not show. I am starting to lose my patience now, I am kind of wishing I stuck to my normal USB external drive now.

Any help would be fantastic. I don't want to mess about with it and lose my data.

Regards

Nathan

Can it be pinged? Are you able to access the setup program / intranet site?

When you set a static IP address, what did you set it to? While you give me that address, open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and tell me what your workstation's IP address is.

I cant even access the site. Which is strange.

It was fine when I left, wondering how It can just go like that.

I set the static IP at 192.168.1.53 for the router.

My workstation IP is 192.168.1.13

Hmmm, doesn't seem to be an IP conflict. Is there some mechanism to do a reset on all the settings (like a reset pinhole or something)? My router does stuff like that and I need to completely reset all the settings to get it back sometimes. It won't erase any data, but you will probably have to reconfigure the network settings and such. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for your help.

I sound very stupid now, as I should have reset it first before I done anything.

Least I know now.

Thanks once again, Don't suppose you know how I can set it up to access it from another network, for example from my work computer?

Regards

Nathan

I am not sure on how to set it up for that kind of access. Maybe someone who might know the answer to that can chime in.

And don't feel stupid. On these forums, there is no such thing as a stupid question. We are here to help.

Back
Top Bottom