Mysterious Stop Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

halmotors

Solid State Member
Here's the situation: I boot up my computer. It starts up perfectly, no hitches, etc. It runs for about 15-20 minutes, then bam.....blue screen. It gives me the blue stop error screen, then performs a memory dump. When I restart the computer and get back in, it tells me Windows has recovered from an error, asks me to submit a report, etc. When I submit the report, it tells me this:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=40172f97-f3f5-4399-98b0-25aed1980ef5&SID=11

So, I uninstalled my comp's video drivers, and installed the latest ones. Didn't work. Tried turning down the detail settings on the card. Didn't work. Tried installing a brand new card...................didn't work.

Any thoughts?

btw, it was a Radeon X700 256 meg PCIe card before. New one is an X1600 512meg PCIe card. Running windows XP professional, Service pack 2, 1 gig of ram, 2.8gHz P4 with Hyperthreading.

How about your power supply, what's the rating on it? You have any other hardware installed that we should know about?

My power supply is rated at 450 watts. I would think it's sufficient, as it's worked quite well for over a year now.

As far as other equipment....I have a RAID card installed, so I can have more than one hard drive hooked up. My motherboard only came with one IDE slot....(Asus AA8-Third Eye). Other than that, no other hardware is installed on the comp.

[EDIT]

Do you think a reformat would fix the problem? I'd like to hold this off as a last resort, but will do it if necessary.

A reformat would probably solve this problem. You could try this first

FlashDude said:
Download the Latest Radeon Drivers from ATI. Remove all video card drivers/ati software from add/remove programs. Use a Driver Cleaner software to completly remove all the left over junk. Then reboot and install the drivers you just downloaded.

If you are going to install the catalyst drivers then you will need .net frameworks first. And Make sure you have Direct X 9.0c

And also make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed for your mobo.

Alright, I tried that, and it didn't work. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and reformat, huh?

A device driver problem is causing the system to pause indefinitely. Typically, this problem is
caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might
indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter or a faulty video driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom