My wish list...

Alright I really do appreciate all the advice and have jumped off my power vs money rampage. I have decided to follow the advice of the people and lowered the total price by like 1.6k so now it is a lot cheaper and almost just as good. The only thing I can think of now is I want to know if the two video cards are able to fit inside the tower.

Thanks,

commiedic

i just wanna know where you guys get the money to pay for all this stuff. like my rents are upgrading my comp for my bday and im weary about going over 300

BFG Tech BFGR88640GTSOC2E GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

The 512mb version is the better one believe it or not. Its a new release. THe older GTS, which I have, is the one you've picked :p

You shouldn't have a problem with 2 graphics cards fitting in a case nowadays.

Its certainly looking better now though! Get 2 of those GTS's and you'll be rocking as long as you are wary that 2 cards doesn't equal double the performance in most games.

I also believe early next year (2008), they are planning on releasing the 9000 series, which will drop the 8000 series down, and also create a new mid range winner in the 9000 series catorgory.

Yeah, the stuff I buy seems to be expensive also.
I think my mate is bad when he keeps buying games every other week, but, I'm probably worse, because I tend to shell out on a big expensive thing every so often, which of course adds up.

I think I am going to stick with the GeForce 8800GTX 768MB. Why, because it has won good awards and tons of people have given it good reviews. Plus money is not really an option as long as it isn't Price Vs Quality just because it is a little better and this vid card is not too bad on price.

Oh and one more thing. Is it really necessary to have 8 gigs of RAM? I mean I through them in there, but I run fine right now on 2gigs, 8 seems excessive.

I have 4 gigs, with the SLACR q6600 don't notice a difference from when i had 2 gigs.8 wouldn't be noticeable either

i just wanna know where you guys get the money to pay for all this stuff. like my rents are upgrading my comp for my bday and im weary about going over 300

I got a part time job, plus I rebuild and sell older comps to get extra cash. I only have to pay for car maintenance and gas, and part of the insurance, the rest is saved. I don't have anything else I must spend money on usually except for gifts. I bought my comp basically from selling older PCs, my system altogether cost probably $1500 with all the monitors. Get a job and save money and you can get more expensive stuff.

I am in the Navy and when I am out to sea for 3 months at a time on subs. It is kinda hard to not save your money. So when I get back I will have around 3k in the bank. So I want to build a comp.

Back
Top Bottom