My TV Tuner Card Help Please

MaDmAnBoB

Solid State Member
Hi,
I just bought a TV Tuner card for my pc, i installed it according to the manufacturers instructions. it was working fine, then i put the antenna lead in it, while doing this i pulled the card out of the socked(while the computer is on) and then my pc restarted and now it doesnt want to work. The computer keeps finding the card and trying to install it but the application for using it does not want to find it even though the drivers are installed....the Found New Hardware Window keeps appearing even thought the drviers were installed using the cd.
Please help me, im stuck-_-

Thanks,
Heinrich

You might have permanently damaged the card. Pulling that card out while the computer is out it not only a dangerous thing that harms the card itself but it always could've affected the pc as a whole. You're lucky you didn't have something short circuit, have your psu explode, etc. I'm using a hyperbole here, but you get the idea. I'm pretty sure that tv tuner is screwed up. Get a new one and put in the same spot. If it still doesn't work, you messed up that pci slot. Try some other card (modem, video card, etc) to check. Then, put the new card in a different pci slot and see what happens. Post your results.

It does sound as if you have damaged the card, first of all uninstall the card drivers and all software for it, reboot your computer and check its all working fine......then shut down and repeat the proces of installing the card, if it doesn't install properly then I would suggest doing what jac006 above said

I think it was a mistake...

in case you damaged the PCI slot you should try changing slots before you go off and buy a new card...

Back
Top Bottom