My temp board sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I am SOOOOOOO done with Asus! I picked up a temp board untill my PII 940 gets back from RMA (it was unresponsive) so I threw my PHenom 9950 BE back into an M4A78 Pro MoBo I picked up from the local place, and juced it back up to 3.2g.. (More stable now than it was before.. )

But this &*($@)(%&$(%*@(%*$Y(*Y(*Q!&@(*Y BOARD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's SOOOOOO SLOW!!!! And it's just tickin me off BIG time!!! Gosh forbid I ask it to do more than two things at once.. That Gigabyte board in my sig was INCREDIBLY FAST!!! You blink and you'd miss something.. Not top mention Asus has showed me YET AGAIN how much I can't STAND AMI BIOS!!! I can't STAND this board! It's getting to be a chore to get on the internet. I'm burning an ISO Image right now and the Camaro Podcast I'm listening to keeps clipping in and out...

The only difference here is, the processor and the board.. Everything else in my sig is the same..

Sorry, but this is just tickin me off!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO Done with asus crap!!!!

[/RANT]

I'm not the most patient person around, hence my search for the faster rig.. If this PII doesn't thrill me, I'm doin an Intel i7 build... Technology shouldn"t be slow.. If I ask the computer do do something, I should get an instant response.

Dude, Asus is most definitely not crap.

Sorry, but either your motherboard is faulty, or you're doing something very wrong.

I started with Asus about two years ago when my buddy taught me how to build a computer.. It's prolly just this board, but I figured I'd TRY a gigabyte board with my New PII 940 BE Purchase.. I'm not sure if it was the processor or not, but I had USB Issues like you wouldn't believe. It wouldn't load windows at ALL if I had the USB Controller enabled... -VERY Odd!! So I picked up this Asus M4A78 Pro as a temp boards, sprayed myself down with static guard, swapped everything over.. Put the PII in the Temp Asus board.. No post.. CMOS Reset, No post.. (It was built for the PII's) WTF!!! Went out to the garage and had a couple smokes and banged my head (3 BAD Boards in a row?!?! No way! I HAS to have been something I did)... Threw the P9950 BE in and it fired right up.. All after fresh HDD Formats..

This thing is just crap slow compared to that Gigabyte board (In sig) when it DID run.. I shipped the PII out last week to NE for an RMA..

My first, second and third boards were asus and I got used to their layout... I figured I'd TRY an GB Board.. I guess this is what I get.. The GB BOard has a GREAT BIOS!! It took me a minute or two to get used to, but there are a TON more features compared to the AMI/Asus bios..

I'm gonna try to juice my RAM up a little more and see if that helps.. But I think the newer boards are better OC'rs.. I coudn't touch my RAM settings at ALL on my M3A32 MVP Asus board or it wouldn't post.. Odd... The GB Board has a !!!LOT!!! of OC features in the BIOS Compared to the Asus board.. It just shines compared to what I came from..

It runs fine when it wants to.. I likes to game.. and that's about it.. I can't multitask like I could with my M3A32 MVP Board.. The NB Is a lower 7 series.

I just have had a lot of software issues in the past year.. It's odd.. THat maybe why I'm going to start taking classes for A+ Cert for a Hardware technician.. I can do hardware, but I can't do programming, much..

odd.. It's multitasking fine now.. see, it runs fine when it wants to..

See.. It runs fine when it wants to.. I'm installing COD WAW, updating WMP, on the net and have three read-me's open..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom