my system reboots automatically help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTEC

Beta member
Messages
5
i just built a custom system and periodically it just restarts by itself? does this happen to any else? how do i fix this? thanks.
 

DTEC

Beta member
Messages
5
i have a 2.4 GHz P4 on a P4VXAD motherboard made by ECS (elitegroup) running windows XP pro. i reboots at odd times, but mostly when i play games. my display card is an ATI radeon 9000 4x AGP. do u need any other specs? please help.
 

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Messages
351
Hmm the only thing i can think off is check ur scheduled tasks it might actually be in thier, i know of ppl thats happend 2 b4
 

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Messages
828
Location
Albany, NY
A_Zip1 said:
Hmm the only thing i can think off is check ur scheduled tasks it might actually be in thier, i know of ppl thats happend 2 b4
I Think that would happen at certain times though. It may be your Video Card not fuctioning properly because you said It is usually when you play games! :) I hope my advise helps someone one of these days:p
 

DTEC

Beta member
Messages
5
Slam'n Systems said:
I Think that would happen at certain times though. It may be your Video Card not fuctioning properly because you said It is usually when you play games! :) I hope my advise helps someone one of these days:p
yea that's what i thought too so i went to the ATI website and downloaded their newest driver for my video card, and it still happens. hmm... i'll do more research. thanks anyway.
 

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Messages
828
Location
Albany, NY
Well actually...it may not be the drivers at all! Some games don't like ATI Cards like UT2003 I had problems with a ATI 9700 when I bought that. So just because you update your driver...doesn't mean your card ain't the problem
 

Martin

Daemon Poster
Messages
1,422
Location
California
Control Panel > System > Advanced

Go to startup and recovery section, click settings
Uncheck 'automatically restart'

Instead of a BSOD, M$ decided to put into NT that every time an error is encountered, the system restarts instead, or halts with a stop error.

Video card drivers are usually the most likely cause for this, updated videocard and motherboard drivers help, and the second cause is the possibility of the CPU overheating.
 

DTEC

Beta member
Messages
5
GeForce said:
Control Panel > System > Advanced

Go to startup and recovery section, click settings
Uncheck 'automatically restart'

Instead of a BSOD, M$ decided to put into NT that every time an error is encountered, the system restarts instead, or halts with a stop error.

Video card drivers are usually the most likely cause for this, updated videocard and motherboard drivers help, and the second cause is the possibility of the CPU overheating.
thank you very much man! i'm gonna try this!
 

warl0rd

Solid State Member
Messages
16
HEAT!!

Yeah, check your CPU temps. Think about it, when you play games your CPU's temperature increases significantly which usually causes a system shutdown, or in your case, a reboot.
 

DTEC

Beta member
Messages
5
Re: HEAT!!

warl0rd said:
Yeah, check your CPU temps. Think about it, when you play games your CPU's temperature increases significantly which usually causes a system shutdown, or in your case, a reboot.
how do u check the temperature of ur CPU?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top