My Soundcloud

ME's use very nice monitors in very nice rooms with very nice outboard to polish your finished mix and make it sound as good as possible.
I once knew an (absolute top notch) engineer who mastered everything through a cheap stereo as well - his argument being that's what most people will listen to the thing on!

Had a listen to content synth - not bad! Two main comments I'd have would be the drum beat coming in at ~1:45 sounds a bit rushed personally - and perhaps the minimalist section at the beginning could build up a bit quicker?

Just a couple of thoughts :) I was brought up in the classical realm of music though so I may be coming from a bit of a different angle!

No, I understand what you mean. The drum beat does come in fast. It was rather an after thought, but thought it worked.

Glad you don't think its bad though, but yeah, I don't know what to do now :p

So when you give a mix, it can be all as one in a wave file, and not separate instrument streams? That is odd, because they couldn't level each instrument lower or higher to match better

So when you give a mix, it can be all as one in a wave file, and not separate instrument streams? That is odd, because they couldn't level each instrument lower or higher to match better

The ME will want the stereo file, not the individual tracks that make up the mix. You'd give separate tracks to the mix engineer, where he/she will level the individual tracks and the mastering engineer takes the stereo track and does his final bit to it. It's up to the mixer to make the best mix using the tracks he/she has.

A great mix makes a great track. The mastering engineer cannot make a rubbish mix sound any better.

I'd like you to come up with some funky piano riff's for me!

The mastering engineer cannot make a rubbish mix sound any better.
Amen to that. Think of the mastering process as the final polish. If you start with a turd, well - you know what they say! A good mastering though can give a good track that amazing sound, so it's well worth it.

So Ambient/Classical/Electro maybe?

But the only thing is, there is no Ambient chart...

I've hit 17 on the charts today, but that is in the Classical charts, as my music does tend to sound that way

Do you have any suggestions with Content Synth? Do the drums come in too quick in your opinion? I'm really not sure what to do now :p

Back
Top Bottom