My proposed 2017 super budget build

Well if AMD can make something with 4 cores for the same price as a higher priced i3 then I am still going to go for it.
All AMD has to do is offer me something that compares to an i5 4460 my current CPU for a little lowe priced.
It doesnt even have to be like a skylake, I am very happy with my haswell refresh core i5 and if AMD can match that then I will be fine.

Well if AMD can make something with 4 cores for the same price as a higher priced i3 then I am still going to go for it.
All AMD has to do is offer me something that compares to an i5 4460 my current CPU for a little lowe priced.
It doesnt even have to be like a skylake, I am very happy with my haswell refresh core i5 and if AMD can match that then I will be fine.
Then put an i3 in the machine you're giving and keep your i5. This is a lot of work for a total side grade and you're making it more difficult than it should be.

Last edited:
LGA 1150 parts are about the same price so something skylake or zen really wont make a difference, i just want the ability to upgrade later and newer chip sets offer that as haswell is being phased out a little.
Its not going to cost me any less really as i still need new RAM and all that.

I am still going to have to get new everything so why not go for newer hardware standards like DDR4 if its all the same price

Last edited:
Well if prices for new processors like a skylake or Zen and DDR4 was still priced high then yes I would go haswell or something again.
But the prices are too marginal and might as well go for a standard that is newer

Well if prices for new processors like a skylake or Zen and DDR4 was still priced high then yes I would go haswell or something again.
But the prices are too marginal and might as well go for a standard that is newer
NDA on Kaby was lifted yesterday, so yea Skylake prices will be high when Ryzen comes out because Kaby will be fully out by then. Haswell stuff is priced stupid new these days.

NDA on Kaby was lifted yesterday, so yea Skylake prices will be high when Ryzen comes out because Kaby will be fully out by then. Haswell stuff is priced stupid new these days.

Was hoping you'd bite my Kaby bait thread to talk about it - i heard from another dude that the NDA was lifted sooo thats why i posted yesterday lol

Yeah no Kaby lake for me, I can live without it.

Too expensive for now.
The Core i5-7400 would do fine but there is no release date rumors

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom