My Parent's Dogs Ate My Guinea Pigs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hack The Planet - Phat Ankle Tech
You could call him PAT for short! It's genius! Not sure how relevant 'Ankle' is tho...

MV5BMTM5NDEzOTc1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTMzNjEyMQ@@._V1._SX222_SY400_.jpg

The 2 new little guys are going to be moving into my new place today after I finish making their new pen.

well I'm a little late, sorry about the dogs, My first guinea pig got attacked and it's neck broken by a neighbor's dachshund so I know the feeling.

Also RIP proxy, poor thing, they are peculiar animals, I've raised at least 2 dozen litters and that's how 85% of the death's occurred, suddenly and without much warning.

As for the new one, I think Flash is about appropriate as it gets.
I had one named sunny who was next to impossible to catch once he got out, I would just close up my room and wait for him to come out of hiding for some treats. lol

so what did you end up calling them anyway?

Since the previous ones I only had for about 4-5 months, i am going to name QWERTY ver2 and WYSIWYG ver2

WYSIWYG ver2 is the one that did not die last week. QWERTY is the RMA that I got back from the petshop.
Now that they moved in, I should have some time to post pics tonight of the 2.

Here is there new pen that i spent yesturday building.

Attachments

• 6532_1035102056956_1807603278_79055_3899283_n.jpg
    6532_1035102056956_1807603278_79055_3899283_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 50
Pretty small pen there, but nice job with it anyway. They'll grow a heap bigger than they are now, after which they'll need an upgrade I suppose.
We used to raise and sell guinea pigs, so the cage size was about the same as yours (but we sold them pretty much as soon as they were weened).

Now we've only got one left, he's been with us for years now. We just let him run around the backyard, and chuck out the scraps of whatever we eat for him and the chickens. I built a little 1.5ft long .5ft wide box for him. It's got no bottom and a small hole cut into the side so he can get in, that's where he stays. And around our area we've got crows, magpies, cats, etc. He's surviving fine though, heck he's heaps fat. Which is why it's so funny to watch him if he gets startled coz as fat as he is he bolts to his box.

Pretty small pen there, but nice job with it anyway.
That is the largest pen that i have build for them. This one is about 70 cm wide x 110 cm long. I guess it the angle of the picture and the fact that i have tall fence. The other reason is that these 2 are extremely active. Thus making them a cage with a second level
Previous cage was about 40 cm wide by 90 cm long. However at this time, I was only having one pig.

They'll grow a heap bigger than they are now, after which they'll need an upgrade I suppose.
We used to raise and sell guinea pigs, so the cage size was about the same as yours (but we sold them pretty much as soon as they were weened).

Now we've only got one left, he's been with us for years now. We just let him run around the backyard, and chuck out the scraps of whatever we eat for him and the chickens. I built a little 1.5ft long .5ft wide box for him. It's got no bottom and a small hole cut into the side so he can get in, that's where he stays. And around our area we've got crows, magpies, cats, etc. He's surviving fine though, heck he's heaps fat. Which is why it's so funny to watch him if he gets startled coz as fat as he is he bolts to his box.

Lol. I remember went I was down at Glenfell for the guinea pig races. There was one guinea pig call Hippo because he was so fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom