MY P4S800D-X IS COMING BACK! Is it working? I dunno...

lhuser

Golden Master
:D I got an e-mail from ASUS that they have now sent back the product RMAed. Although, I don't know if it was void or something. I can lay back the ECS look, but not too far...never know

But heck, it's coming back!!!! My P4! Wohoo! :D

If they sent it back it means you warranty is still in effect. Usually ASUS has a 3-year warranty like most. :) Check their site for more details.

I registered it, that's a good thing.

H25520062, I had to send it in because in a process of a going back at stock speed from OC, the BIOS hung and it completely failed.

Methinks it's void, but not too sure yet. But as soon as I get back, void or not, I am never going to touch OCing again!

Overclocking is fine, you just need to be patient and careful. Never boost the speed immediately, you should carefully set the speed higher by increments. Once you get to a certain speed, torture test it for a few hours and if no errors occur, keep going until you get errors, then set it down a little bit and you have your maximum limit.

Overclocking is a time taking thing, you can't just set things and BAM, expect it to work.

I dunno, but I OCed it from 3.0 - 3.15 - 3.35 - 3.4 - 3.5 -3.55 -3.6 - 3.65 - FAIL - 3.4 - 3.7 -3.8 - 3.85

It hung afterwards. It's not the first time though. I had to restart a lot before because of CD issues and it would start to hang after a while.

When you got to that fail point, set it back to 3.65 and go in smaller increments, provided your BIOS allows you to. Does the BIOS FSB settings go by every five? Or is it every one?

Every 1 MHZ. Actuall, the FAIL was an OC at 280...which is like...whhaaat?

The defaults are usually set to 200 and the max is 300...that would be 4.5GHZ. The speed I chose was 1000MHZ faster than the stock speed.

Like I said, sometimes, it would hang during bootup process out of the blue. It probably didn't like the OC and BIOS has crashed, leaving it an expensive paper weight. Seti's place tihnks I fried everything. I would doubt it because the CPU would still respond with the basic power up...and heat up.

Back
Top Bottom