My new toy!

You'd have to get all the swap parts, but I'm sure if you got the right 5 speed for the car it should go in with all the other parts. I did a manual transmission swap on my Ford ZX2. Just had to splice a couple wires so the car would start and the reverse lights would work. Need the clutch and brake pedal assembly, shifter assembly, clutch master and slave cylinder. My car has the clutch master hooked up to the brake master reservoir (not sure if they are all like that), so the reservoir was different. Best bet is to join a Mustang Forum and see if they have a how to on a manual transmission swap. Sometimes it's not just simply swap in the parts and it works. But definitely do the swap, an auto Mustang is pointless...

Sadly, yes. I might be getting an 02 5 speed from my friend for free. I need to find out if they actually are compatible.
It's compatible as in it will mate. It's not going to support the power though without some modifications.

My guess is it was possibly a mild street/strip car which is why it's an auto.

If you are looking at painting that especially in that color scheme, you are looking at $4k+ for a good paint job... Lot of money for a car that already has good paint.

Bad news, guys. I returned it to the buyer. I honestly couldn't deal with the automatic. I kept shifting even though I didn't have to. I'm looking at a Stage 3 supercharged one right now. I'll get back to everyone in a few days. It's a 5 speed this time, haha.

Bad news, guys. I returned it to the buyer. I honestly couldn't deal with the automatic. I kept shifting even though I didn't have to. I'm looking at a Stage 3 supercharged one right now. I'll get back to everyone in a few days. It's a 5 speed this time, haha.

I can't really blame you for that, manual transmissions are so much more fun.

Wow, I'm surprised he let you return it. Look into an 03/04 Cobra if it's in your price range. The bottom ends are built pretty well on those. Any 4v will get you more power with forced induction than a 2v. I've always been a fan of doing the work myself unless a shop did the work though, you never know what assclown might have slapped on a vortec and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom