My new oil cooled PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember those days. I had to get a ride everywhere I went or if it were local I would rollerblade or bike ride. That is until that "one" friend gets his license then it's his responsibility to drive everyone around.

Do you happen to have the oil actively cooled in that fish tank? Or do you just turn it off when it hits the point of overheating?

Do you happen to have the oil actively cooled in that fish tank? Or do you just turn it off when it hits the point of overheating?

Are you asking me?

If so, the bubbles in the tank are the active cooling. You have room-temp air percolating through 110 degree oil, thus absorbing some of the heat and then taking it back to the atmosphere.

Fortunately, mineral oil doesn't seem to evaporate at these temperatures.

Are you asking me?

If so, the bubbles in the tank are the active cooling. You have room-temp air percolating through 110 degree oil, thus absorbing some of the heat and then taking it back to the atmosphere.

Fortunately, mineral oil doesn't seem to evaporate at these temperatures.

Ya thats what i was wondering. From my reading the only issue with oil submersed systems is that they tend to heat up the oil then at that point its pretty much just going to overheat without some form of active cooling of the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom