My new laptop, why doesn't it run simple games?

Davidcowling

Beta member
I have just bought a new laptop

HP Envy 15 with 1.6Ghz Core i7, 4GB RAM and a ati 4830 mob radeon with 1GB dedicated.

I installed Company of Heroes last night and it runs really stuttery even when i turn the graphics and model detail right down, and also turn the performance settings win win7 to high performance.

I would of thought these specs would be easily high enough for this? Even the diagnostics at the start of the game said my computer exceeds recommended.

I have already updated my GPU drivers (ATI Catalyst).

Does anyone know what could be the problem??

Thanks

Is that the first thing you have installed on the laptop?

Try looking on the task manager, and seeing the CPU % used before the game, just normal processes, and then in game, and a few other times

Does anything else run poorly?

I will have a look when i get home (at work atm).

Do you think this is a CPU problem? i have limited tech knowledge, but i would of assumed the GPU would be at fault.

how do i check CPU % whilst in game?

i checked it on system properties before starting and it was 0% occasionally jump to 1%

when i run the game, and open the system properties then the game just stops until i click back on the window, therefore making the CPU freq go right down.

Running trackmania nations forever with no real problems.

any help is appreciated!

Dont run the game in full screen(if its an option) and maybe you have the screen resolution to high for your screen

That's very odd, those specs should be plenty... maybe check in the bios to see if everything is at the proper speeds?

Back
Top Bottom