My new computer freezes

personally if you have already bought the windows disk then just download another off of a torrent site but use your key its not like stealing coz you have actually purchased your key and thats what microsoft actually care about.

not the disk itself.

personally if you have already bought the windows disk then just download another off of a torrent site but use your key its not like stealing coz you have actually purchased your key and thats what microsoft actually care about.

not the disk itself.

Its not the XP CD mate he said he copied it and used the other disc fine to do a repair, this is obviously a hardware issue, I'm thinking that the new hdd might be dodgy, he hasn't commented on the heat issue yet so we cant rule that out yet.
just how much data are we talking about ? try transferring a few files and see if they go OK,

The computer stays at around 35C.

About 10GB of data. I'm able to transfer a few files fine, but when doing it altogether the problem occurs.

I'm thinking that this may be a hardware issue too. My guess is the hard drive or motherboard. Would reformatting the hard drive help in any way, or should I just go out and replace the parts?

Copying such ammount causes the PC to be unstable for some reason. Everytime I did that, it happens, and the problem isn't from hardware. It's a sort of flaw.

It also happens when you want to get a big file from FTP transfering.

if you had trouble copying stuff from an external HD, and from a CD, then its probably your hard drive

Oh you guys were talking abou tthe internal one! Well if that's the case, grab the diagnostic tools from the manufactuer's site.

I grabbed SeaTools from Seagate's website. It's suppose to scan and test the hard drive for any errors. The scan passed.

Comp_Pro: It sometimes freezes up when transferring as little as 8MB.

Back
Top Bottom