My New Build

looks like a nice solid build,

1 thing i would suggest would be maybe a seperate drive for OS and programs and then the 500 for storage.

not essential just something alot of people like to do and some even like to get a raptor but again thats not essential

Why don't you just get a Q6600? I don't really know about the steppings and whatnot, but the .26GHz difference doesn't seem to justify the $300 jump in price. Worst comes to worst, you could overclock it. Just my suggestion.

Everything looks pretty nice though I might reconsider the power supply. I have a similar PSU from APEVIA and it just died on me last week after less than two years. Two years is a long time but it really shouldn't be considered a long time for a PSUs life span. If you're willing to spend 90ish dollars I'd go with a similarly priced PSU from OCZ/FSP/Silverstone/Corsair.

Oh, what OS are you purchasing?

im installing windows xp and after that,i will buy a new hard drive a few months later and install vista,so tht i could use windows xp or vista

Why don't you just get a Q6600? I don't really know about the steppings and whatnot, but the .26GHz difference doesn't seem to justify the $300 jump in price. Worst comes to worst, you could overclock it. Just my suggestion.

it doesnt matter to me how much it cost once the performance is gd

Nice build man, I'm not a fan of Crucial since my buddy got the crucial ballstix ddr21000 or w.e it is and my Corsair XM2 DDR2 800 got a better score in vista.

lol, its cuz he needs to manually set it to 1000mhz. Right now its probably running at 800mhz according to the programmed SPD. And AMD always has better memory bandwidth and latency.

Back
Top Bottom