my new build...well my first...

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
let's see I have just finished putting together my first computer and I just installed the mobo and the ram the graphics card. the cpu and the heatsink are installed and all the connectors on the mobo are installed...including the ones for the pwr switch the reset switch and the hdd led...the power supply is hooked up to the hard drive the fan, the mobo in both atx sources the 24 pin and the 4 pin...when I turn on the power supply a red light goes on...but when I push the power button on the case...nothing happens at all....any ideas?

aren't there just the pwr swtch rst switch and hdd led? or is there one that needs to be connected elsewhere? cause those 3 are connected also the 5vsb light comes on but not the vcc

It's real easy to get the plugs on the wrong pins, you wont need the hdd led or the reset for now, just make sure the pwr is connected correctly.

What board btw??

well mate if it's connected correctly and there is power to the board it should fire up.

You get nothing at all?? no fans?? nada??

I guess you could test the switch by jumping the pins, personally I'd remove it from the case and fire it up on the box lid.

Are you 100% certain that you have the m/board mounted correctly?? no extra risers?? you did screw in the risers yeah ???

yeah the studs? they should be fine seeing as how everything is lined up correctly nd the graphics card lines up perfectly...the studs connecting the mobo to the chassis right?

Back
Top Bottom