my neighbors are criminals???

bowmanmdb

Beta member
Okay I must admit, I'm not all there but I could be on to something. I overheard a conversation discussing my web usage and some embarrasing details were revealed. I 'd like to no the idiot prrof way of determing who is doing it and how. HELP!
My question is
1.When I open my connections there are 3, the first is a strange connection that shows up, it is called 1394 connection(disabled it with no problems). then i have Local area connection and Local area connection 2(just recently showed up after I diabled 1394)

The only wireless devices I know of are my mouse and my infared thingy(LOL).

I have tested my Cox cable internet connection and it came back 3.9meg and one came back at 4080Kbps which I'm assuming is 4.08meg. But it doesn't always go this smooth.

how vunerable am I? I'm only runnig router firewall with a few exceptions for a couple web cam sites. Always running XP firewall and AVG free stuff.

So what can they access? Can they see the sites and emails I send in real time? How do I stop them? and prove it is them(IP address??) Thanks

Its okay. I have those connections too strangley, and they didn't mean anything to me, yet i disabled them too. Since there disabled, they won't be able to access your PC. Don't worrry

welcome, you should protect your wireless internet... that way no one will be able to access anything, or use your wireless connection...

never, NEVER, NEVER use an open wireless connection if you have people living that close to you...I sure hope you aren't doing any banking or putting in your credit card number online......

Back
Top Bottom