My mouse randomly stops working for a couple seconds

Chicohuman

Beta member
Hello, I've had this problem since yesterday, and I really have NO idea why, or I probably would not be sharing my problem here.

Since yesterday, my mouse randomly freezes, well, it's more that my mouse(Logitech MX-310) lazer goes off randomly, I noticed it during a freeze when I quickly turned my mouse back and saw the light go back on.

It seems to happen when the CPU usage is higher, for example when downloading something, my mouse will freeze every 5 seconds for about 1 second.

It's the first time it happens on my E8500 3.16 GHZ Dual Core computer, i don't think it's a computer specs. problem.

I tried uninstalling the mouse drivers and then rebooting, plugging the mouse in another USB port, doing system scans / malwares of all kinds, but no success after all...

Just need some help :)

Thanks

Is your mouse wireless or wired

(i know you said that u tried pluggin it into a different usb port, but that could mean the base)

My mouse is wired yea

oh also, 2 minutes ago, my mouse shut itself down... I had to unplug and re-plug and then it worked...

Sounds like it's getting ready to crap out.
To verify that use it on another computer for a bit and see if it displays the same symptom.
If no then the problem could be the mouse is getting sacrificed for a moment during high cpu loads. Not uncommon.
If yes, toss the mouse and get another one.

Yeah, either getting ready to crap out. Or, have you installed vista recently?

If I were you I would use the mouse on another computer and see if it does the same then use another mouse on your computer and see if it's the USB port

Start shopping for another mouse ;]

Yea unfortunately it's my mouse :(
Weird because it started to happen after I changed my monitor yesterday.
Now I just changed mouse and it works all good.

Yea unfortunately it's my mouse :(
Weird because it started to happen after I changed my monitor yesterday.
Now I just changed mouse and it works all good.

Sometimes shit happens and you can't do a thing about it.

Do you need a new mouse now?

Back
Top Bottom