my motherboard's fan plugs...

LambOfGod said:
That is A warmer running system for not being overclocked.

But it is not too high.

i just wanted to make sure. what are you using to monitor your temps?

today I got my...

aerocoolHT-101jr.jpg

thank you Newegg, I got it on sale for $14.99US, it's now back to the regular price of $24.99US ( :D ), I put it on (I had to take everything out including the mobo to put the bracket on the backside of my mobo) and hooked up the fan with one of the adapters I got on Newegg (3 pin to 4 pin molex), I added another "pull" fan on the back (I got ten 80mm fans for about $13US) and finally got to close my case for the first time in many moons...

I plugged up two more fans to the power and chasis fan connections that I thought were totally fried and even though I can't power the fans with just the mobo connections, it still monitors the speed of the fans (weird)...

the processor is running anywhere from 45* (idle) to about 53* (under load), not the drop I was hoping for, hell, the little rigged setup I had kept it around 45* and never got over 51*, but that was with the side cover off, so maybe I was expecting too much...

I'm now a happy camper but may have to open it back up and see what's up with the chasis fan, it is running about 188rpm, while both processor fans are running around 28,000rpm...

thanks to everyone who offered help, it was greatly appreciated, and oh yeah, LOG, 1.875 ghz on a 1.5 ghz pentium4 willamette, stable at around 44* celcius :D ...

I also took the tiny fan that was cooling my cpu before my Neweggventure and screwed it onto my video card, I know I probably don't need any cooling on a 64mb video card, but I figure the more fans (no matter how little), the more airflow in my case...

Back
Top Bottom